How to be Comfortable in Your Own Skin
A step often missed when wondering how to be comfortable in your own skin asks yourself if you are ready to be seen. Are you prepared for the attention that comes with one of the most potent allures linked with Feminine Presence, the beauty of a woman who loves herself?
“How I feel about MYSELF is more IMPORTANT than how I look. Feeling CONFIDENT, BEING COMFORTABLE in your skin… that’s what REALLY makes you BEAUTIFUL.
– Bobbi Brown
Don’t you want this experience to feel fabulous in your own skin? Embracing your authentic beauty, your voice as a confident, courageous woman is like owning a signature perfume. It takes confidence to own it; wear it!
Building confidence to be seen (both by yourself and others) as a beautiful woman is one of the first steps in learning how to be comfortable in your own skin.
- Remember a moment when you felt empowered, beautiful, and relaxed
- When you have this thought, observe how you feel in your body
- Observe what happens with your breath when you focus on your memory. Doesn’t it slow down, become more even?
- Now, recall the question How to be comfortable in your own skin. As you do so, let out a deep long sigh?
- Why? Letting out a sigh regulates your nervous system. When your nervous system is regulated, you relax. When you are relaxed, don’t you feel beautiful, soft, and at ease with yourself.
- Realize as you are expanding your capacity to feel good yourself, it is normal to feel anxious.
Tip: When you feel anxious, come back to the question of how to be comfortable in your own skin and follow the steps above.
Copyright 2021© Joan Shaver, LMFT